Feeding the family at Christmas is extra savey when you shop at PAK’nSAVE – just ask Kathrine Lynch from Busy Happy Kids. With Kathrine’s tips and some smart shopping at PAK’nSAVE, you can feed the family with a yummy brunch for as little as $55. “If you’re smart about how you spend your Christmas food budget; get organised early; plan your menu and do as much preparation as you can in advance, you can entertain on Christmas Day and still have time to relax with friends and family” says Kathrine.
Bagels with salmon, cream cheese and capers, served with a rocket, avocado and cherry tomato salad.
Hotcakes with maple syrup, whipped cream, fresh strawberries and banana.
- Substitute the hotcakes mixture for home made hotcakes if you already have the ingredients.
- Alternative bagel toppings: Jam and cream cheese, peanut butter, hazelnut spread and strawberries, hazelnut spread and banana, bacon and egg, bacon, lettuce and tomato, avocado and tomato.
Christmas brunch shopping list:
- Edmonds Shaker Pancakes - Buttermilk (325g) x 2 $5.58
- Pams Cream (300ml) $2.37
- Chelsea Maple Syrup $3.49
- Strawberries (250g) $2.99
- Bananas x 2 $0.98
- Abes Bagels 4 pack x 2 $8.98
- Smoked Salmon pieces (300g) $16.99
- Anchor Cream Cheese (250g) $3.39
- Pams Capers $1.79
- Pams Salad Baby Rocket (120g) $3.49
- Cherry Tomatoes (250g) $3.49
- Avocado x 2 $1.98
*Prices are reflective of shopping on 14/11/2017 at Mill Street PAK'nSAVE . Pricing may differ depending on PAK'nSAVE store location and date of shop.