Following on from her ‘62 dinners from $100 worth of groceries’, we teamed up with Kathrine from Busy Happy Kids to see how many kids’ lunchboxes she could make by taking advantage of New Zealand’s lowest prices at PAK’nSAVE.
Kathrine spent $97.45 and made 50 lunches, that’s just $1.95 per lunch!
Check out all of Kathrine's lunchbox ideas here.
Boost Balls Instructions:
Preheat the oven to 180⁰C.
1. Place the peanuts on an oven tray and roast in the oven until they are lightly toasted (keep an eye on them while roasting).
2. Crush the roasted peanuts in a food processor, or place in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
3. Cut the dates in half and place in a saucepan, add ¾ cup of water to the saucepan and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Leave to cool.
4. Lightly toast the coconut in a frying pan.
5. Sift the cocoa into a large bowl, add the dates, ¼ cup of the coconut and the crushed peanuts. Stir to combine.
6. Roll into tablespoon size balls and cover with the remaining coconut.
Makes 24 balls.