These are an adorable easter treat that you can make with the kids. They will love shaping the nests and adding the eggs. Don't forget you can substitute cornflakes for another cereal (rice crispies, bran, puffed wheat).
- Line a muffin tin with 12 paper cases.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate, butter and golden syrup together in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds. (You can also melt the ingredients together using a bowl over a pot of boiling water, but be sure not to let the bowl touch the boling water)
- Once melted, gently stir in the cornflakes until all of the cereal is coated in the chocolate.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases and gently mould the mixture into a "nest" shape.
- Using mini eggs or jelly beans, add the "eggs" to the top of each nest. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour, or until completely set.
- Meal Type:
- Prep Time:
- 15 minutes (plus 1 hour chilling)
- Cooking Time:
- 15 minutes
200g chocolate, broken into pieces
2 tbsp golden syrup
70g cornflakes (or other cereal)
mini chocolate eggs or jelly beans