1. Make the sage and onion stuffing according to packet direction but instead of including all of the water, replace ¼ cup with orange juice, adding the dried apricots as well.
2. Place stuffing inside the chicken.
3. Sprinkle mixed herbs on top of the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
4. Wrap the chicken in tin foil and place in a roasting dish that has a small amount of water in the bottom.
5. Bake in the oven until the juices run clear when you poke a knife into the chicken meat.
6. Keep the juices that accumulate in the tinfoil to make gravy with.
Feeding the family at Christmas is extra savey when you shop at PAK’nSAVE – just ask Kathrine Lynch from Busy Happy Kids. With Kathrine’s tips and some smart shopping for New Zealand’s lowest prices at PAK’nSAVE, you can serve up a traditional Christmas dinner for eight people, for just $160.
This recipe is part of her savey dinner menu, found here.
See all of Kathrine's tips and recipes for a savey Fridgemas here.