Apple and Persimmon Crumble
Apple Crumble is a Kiwi family favourite! This crumble recipe adds Persimmon for a twist on a classic. Serve with cream, yoghurt, custard or your family's favourite ice cream.
- 4 persimmon
- 4 apples
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 25g butter
- 5 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup Pams rolled oats
- 1/4 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut (desiccated or shredded)
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C.
2. Peel and thinly slice the persimmons and apples.
3. Place the persimmons and apples in a baking dish. Pour over the water and sprinkle over the cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. Combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and coconut in a separate bowl.
5. Add the butter (at room temperature) to the crumble mix and mix with your fingers until the mixture is crumbly.
6. Spread the crumble evenly over the top of the fruit.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until the crumble is golden.
Serve warm with your choice of yoghurt, cream, custard or ice-cream.