Apple Pie Dumplings
This easy-as-pie recipe takes a twist on apple pie as you know it. Serve with your favourite ice cream and it's bound to be a new family favourite.
- 4 sheets Pams puff pastry
- 4 granny smith apples
- 6 tbs raw sugar
- 1 1/2 tbs ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp allspice
- 6 tbs softened butter
- 1 beaten egg
1. Peel and core apples.
2. Dice apples and combine them with the sugar, cinnamon and butter.
3. Roll out the puff pastry with a rolling pin (use flour to reduce sticking). Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 4 squares.
4. Combine in a separate bowl, the cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice.
5. Sprinkle each square with the cinnamon mixture.
6. Spoon the apple mixture into the middle of each square. Don't overfill them, as they'll be hard to wrap.
7. Use the beaten egg to coat the edges of the dough squares. Pull the corners of the square together and pinch the edges of the dugh together.
8. Using a fork, poke holes into the top of the dough for ventilation.
9. Once you've prepared all dumpling squares, place them onto a lightly sprayed oven tray.
10. Bake for 20 minutes at 180oC, or until dough is golden brown and cooked through.