Chocolate Fudge Cake with Creamy Frosting
Indulge in this incredibly divine cake, with creamy fudge icing and an optional topping of toffee hazelnuts.
View the method
- 125g Pams Real Dark Chocolate Buttons
- 1 cup strong black coffee
- 1 tsp Pams Imitation Vanilla Essence
- 1 cup Pams Standard Milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup Pams Canola Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Pams Self-Raising Flour
- 1/2 cup Pams Ground Almonds
- 1 1/2 tsp Pams Baking Soda
- 1 cup Pams Brown Sugar
- 2 tbs Pams Cocoa Powder
- 125g Pams Real Dark Chocolate Chunks (frosting)
- 10g Pams Butter (frosting)
- 1/4 cup Pams Cream (frosting)
- 1 cup sour cream (frosting)
- 1/4 cup Pams Liquid Honey (toffee hazelnuts, optional)
- 1/2 cup Pams Hazelnuts (toffee hazelnuts, optional)
Back to ingredients
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C. Line a 19cm tin with baking paper.
- Place chocolate chunks in a glass bowl and pour over hot coffee. Stand for 2 minutes then whisk until smooth. Add vanilla, milk, eggs and oil, then whisk until well combined.
- In a bowl, combine remaining dry ingredients. Add chocolate mixture and beat on low for 1 minute, then increase speed and beat a further 2 minutes until smooth and glossy. Pour into tin. Bake for 45 to 50 mins. Leave to cool completely, then slice into 3 layers.
- For the frosting, combine chocolate, butter and cream and heat gently in the microwave or over a double boiler, stirring until melted and smooth. Cool for 20 to 30 minutes, then beat in sour cream until thick and fluffy. Chill.
- (Optional) To add toffee hazelnuts to your topping, heat honey in a frying pan until bubbling and golden. Add hazelnuts and cook 2 to 3 minutes until coated and syrupy. Pour onto a lined tray and leave to set. When hardened, chop roughly and store in an air-tight container.
- Place the base of the cake on a plate. Sandwich cake layers with frosting and decorate with remaining piped frosting and optional toffee nuts.