Easy Apricot Chicken Slow Cooker
This simple recipe for apricot chicken uses just three ingredients! Serve this up with rice and your favourite steamed veggies for a simple weeknight meal. Using bone-in chicken thighs ensures the meat stays moist and tender even after hours in the slow cooker.
- 4 chicken thighs, bone-in
- 1 packet Onion Soup Mix
- 1 can apricot halves
Ingredients for side dishes
- 2 cups rice
- 1 broccoli
1. In a snaplock bag, add all ingredients and freeze.
2. Remove from the freezer the night before so it defrosts overnight.
3. Place the ingredients in a slow cooker and cook for 4-5 hours on low, until the chicken is easily coming away from the bone.
4. If there is quite a bit of liquid, thicken with 2 Tbsp flour mixed with a small amount of water and stir through, cook on high for 10-15 mins to thicken up. Add more flour/water mix if needed.
5. Season and serve with plain rice and steamed broccoli.