Slow Cooked Beef Casserole
Serve up dinner for less using your favourite cut of casserole beef. Chuck, blade steak or gravy beef are all affordable, flavourful cuts that are perfect for this simple slow cooker casserole. Try experimenting with different veggies as well to make this yummy casserole your own.
- 400g beef, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 mushrooms, diced
- 1 kumara, diced
- ¼ pumpkin, diced
- 2 cups frozen mixed veggies
- 1 packet Beef Bourguignon mix
- 1 tin tomatoes
Ingredients for side dishes
- 4 potatoes
1. In a snaplock bag, add all ingredients and freeze.
2. Remove from the freezer the night before so it defrosts overnight.
3. Place ingredients in a slow cooker and cook for 5-6 hours on low
4. If there is quite a bit of liquid, thicken with 2 Tbsp flour mixed with a small amount of water and stir through, cook on high for 10-15 mins to thicken up. Add more flour/water mix if needed.
5. Season your beef casserole and serve with mashed potatoes