Slow Cooked Black Bean Beef
Pop this beef in black bean sauce in the slow cooker just before work and come home to a warm, hearty bowl of goodness. Prepare everything over the weekend so all you have to do is defrost your combined ingredients overnight, then throw them in the slow cooker for 4-5 hours on low.
- 400g beef, diced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 capsicum, sliced
- ½ cup black bean sauce
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
Ingredients for side dishes
- 400g udon noodles
- ½ spring onion
- 1 broccoli
1. In a snaplock bag, add all ingredients and freeze.
2. Remove from the freezer the night before so it defrosts overnight.
3. Place ingredients in a slow cooker with ½ cup water and cook for 4-5 hours on
4. If there is quite a bit of liquid, thicken with 2 Tbsp flour mixed with a small amount of water and stir through, cook on high for 10-15 mins to thicken up. Add more flour/water mix if needed.
5. Garnish with spring onions once cooked.
6. Serve your black bean beef with udon noodles and steamed broccoli.