Easy Chicken Hot Pot Slow Cooker
We’ve made this chicken hot pot recipe as easy as possible, with most of your flavour coming from a can of soup and a packet of soup mix. The soup acts as a brother to add lots of flavour to the veggies and chicken. Of course, you can add any vegetables you like to this dish too.
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 kumara, chopped
- 1 mushroom
- 1 can Creamy Chicken Soup
- 1 packet Chicken Noodle Soup Mix
Ingredients for side dishes
- 4 potatoes
- 1 broccoli
1. In a snaplock bag, add all ingredients and freeze.
2. Remove from the freezer the night before so it defrosts overnight.
3. Place the ingredients in a slow cooker and cook for 5-6 hours on low, until the meat is easily coming away from the bone.
4. If there is quite a bit of liquid, thicken with 2 Tbsp flour mixed with a small amount of water and stir through, cook on high for 10-15 mins to thicken up. Add more flour/water mix if needed.
5. Season and serve with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli.