Easy Italian Sausage Slow Cooker
Whether you’re feeding a crowd or simply getting through a weeknight dinner, these Italian-style slow cooked sausages are an easy and affordable way to put food on the table. Try mixing them up with your favourite Italian herbs for an extra bit of oomph.
- 8 sausages
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tins Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cups mixed frozen vegetables
Ingredients for side dishes
- 4 potatoes
1. In a snaplock bag, add all ingredients and freeze.
2. Remove from the freezer the night before so it defrosts overnight.
3. Place ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 3-4 hours, until the sausages are cooked through.
4. If there is quite a bit of liquid, thicken with 2 Tbsp flour mixed with a small amount of water and stir through, cook on high for 10-15 mins to thicken up. Add more flour/water mix if needed.
5. Serve your italian sausages with mashed potatoes.