Sweet Chilli Chicken Slow Cooker
Chicken drumsticks are perfect for the slow cooker. They’re an affordable cut of chicken and the rich dark meat stays juicy and flavourful after hours in the crockpot. Better still, the meat will be falling off the bone for easy eating. This sweet chilli slow cooker recipe puts flavour and a cheeky bit of heat on your plates for less.
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 capsicum, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 Sweet Chilli Stir-fry Sauce mix
- 1 tin baby corn
Ingredients for side dishes
- 2 cups rice
1. In a snaplock bag, add all ingredients and freeze.
2. Remove from the freezer the night before so it defrosts overnight.
3. Place ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 5-6 hours; until the meat on the drumsticks is easily coming away from the bone.
4. If there is quite a bit of liquid, thicken with 2 Tbsp flour mixed with a small amount of water and stir through, cook on high for 10-15 mins to thicken up. Add more flour/water mix if needed.
5. Serve your sweet chilli chicken with rice.