Barley Chicken and Mushroom Bake
A great dish using fresh delicious ingredients like chicken, mushroom, carrots, and more.
View the method
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 500g skinless, boneless chicken pieces
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp of Pams Pure Olive Oil
- ¾ cup Pams Pearl Barley
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 cup reduced salt chicken stock
Back to ingredients
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat oil in a pan, add onion, garlic and chicken pieces, and fry for 3-4 minutes until onion is clear and chicken is browned.
- Add carrot, mushrooms, barley, tarragon and stock, stirring to combine. Transfer to a large oven dish, cover and bake for 1 hour until barley is tender.