Beef & Avocado Salad
Try this tasty salad topped with a delicious dressing.
View the method
- 300g beef schnitzel
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp chilli powder
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Grated rind of 1 lime or lemon
- 6 tortillas
- 1 cup hummus – can use flavoured
- 1/2 cup whole mint leaves
- 2 yellow peppers, sliced
- 2 avocados, halved, peeled and sliced
Back to ingredients
- Mix together the paprika, chilli powder, oil, brown sugar and lime or lemon rind and massage into both sides of the schnitzel.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight. Heat a heavy based frying pan with a dash of oil and cook the schnitzel for 2-3 minutes only, each side. Remove from the pan and allow to rest, then cut into thin slices.
- Add the peppers to the pan and cook only until they are lightly grilled, set aside. Brush the tortillas with oil and pan fry to warm through.
- Spread the tortillas with hummus. Scatter over the lettuce, mint leaves, peppers, avocado and beef slices and then top with the dressing. Serve warm.
- To complete the dish mix the following ingredients together in a small blender until smooth. ½ cup plain yoghurt 2 Tbsp oil 8-10 mint leaves, finely sliced