Such a tasty way to enjoy beef.
View the method
- 4 spring onions (for the beef)
- 2 cloves garlic (for the beef)
- 600g beef (for the beef)
- 500g button mushrooms (for the beef)
- 1 cup red wine (for the beef)
- 1 cup Pams Beef Stock (for the beef)
- 3/4 cup Pams cream
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp mixed peppercorns
- 350-400g pasta
- 2 sprigs parsley, chopped
Back to ingredients
- The day before you cook: peel and finely dice the spring onions and garlic. Cut the beef into bite-sized pieces. Rub the mushrooms with a paper towel, or peel if necessary, and cut into wedges.
- Put above ingredients into a pan and add the wine, garlic, spring onions and sufficient stock to cover the meat. Leave to marinate for 24 hours.
- Next day, cook the meat in the marinade at 160°C for 1-1½ hours, or until tender. Remove meat from oven, add the cream and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add cornflour and stir to bind.
- Chop the peppercorns finely and sprinkle over the meat. Check the seasoning.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and serve onto warmed plates.
- Spoon the Beef Stroganoff over the pasta and serve hot, sprinkled with chopped parsley.