Busy Happy Kids Boost Balls
Boost balls make a great afternoon snack - all natural ingredients and they taste great!
- 300g blanched peanuts
- 1 cup pitted dates
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
1. Place the peanuts on an oven tray and roast in the oven until they are lightly toasted (keep an eye on them while roasting).
2. Crush the roasted peanuts in a food processor, or place in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
3. Cut the dates in half and place in a saucepan, add ¾ cup of water to the saucepan and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Leave to cool.
4. Lightly toast the coconut in a frying pan.
5. Sift the cocoa into a large bowl, add the dates, ¼ cup of the coconut and the crushed peanuts. Stir to combine.
6. Roll into tablespoon size balls and cover with the remaining coconut.
Makes 24 balls.