Looking for a healthier twist on your fave curry?
View the method
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, peel and diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 tbsp butter chicken curry paste
- 500g skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into 3cm chunks
- 1 can tomatoes
- 1 can coconut milk or 4 tbsp sour cream or natural yoghurt
- Optional extra: 1 cup of frozen peas or green beans
- Rice to serve
Back to ingredients
- Heat the oil in a nonstick pan and fry the onion and carrot over a medium heat until soft.
- Add the chicken chunks and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until all sides of the chicken are lightly browned.
- Add the curry paste and cook for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add the canned tomatoes and if you are using coconut milk, add that also. If you are using peas/beans add those in now too. If you are using sour cream or yoghurt, just add ¼ cup of water or chicken stock at this point as you will need to stir the sour cream/yoghurt in later.
- Simmer over a low heat for around 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. If are using sour cream/yoghurt, stir through at the end and allow to heat through gently for 2-3minutes to make the sauce go creamy.
Serve with rice and ideally some extra veg!