Chicken Breast Fillet with Italian Tomato Salad
Scrumptious chicken breast with a tasty salad on the side.
View the method
- 4 slices Italian ciabatta bread
- 3 ripe tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 bunch Continental parsley
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp roasted pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- 600g heirloom tomatoes, roughly chopped or cut into wedges
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Ingham chicken breast fillets
- Olive oil cooking spray
Back to ingredients
- Tear bread into pieces and place into a bowl. Squeeze pulp of tomatoes over bread. Stand for 20 minutes or until bread has absorbed tomato juice and is softened. Remove leaves from basil and parsley. Reserve ½ cup of basil leaves and ½ cup parsley leaves. Put remaining leaves into a food processor with parmesan, pinenuts, garlic and oil. Process until a thick sauce forms. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add heirloom tomatoes to bread with reserved basil and parsley leaves. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a char-grill pan over a medium heat. Using a sharp knife, slice through the centre of each chicken breast fillet forming 2 pieces. Spray chicken breast fillets with olive oil. Add 2 pieces of chicken breast to char-grill and cook for 20 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a large plate. Cover to keep warm. Cook remaining chicken breast. Serve 2 slices of chicken breast stacked on serving plates topped with a spoon of pesto and heirloom salad on the side.