Chicken and spinach filo
Make a batch of these chicken and spinach filo hand pie on Sunday night to have easy grab-and-go lunch options waiting in your fridge every morning. Packed with healthy protein and vegetables, these filo parcels are a great way to add some excitement to your weekly work lunches. Use leftover roast chicken or pick up pre-cooked roast chicken from your PAK’nSAVE deli.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C bake, or 200°C fan bake.
- Over a bowl or the kitchen sink, squeeze the defrosted spinach to remove excess water.
- Roughly chop the spinach.
- Add spinach, feta, shredded chicken, egg, lemon zest, tarragon, garlic, onion, nutmeg and salt and pepper into a large mixing bowl and stir or mix with your hands to combine.
- Gently lay out one sheet of filo pastry and brush with melted butter.
- Top with a second sheet, then place a good dollop of filling at one end.
- Roll into a parcel, and fold the ends in using more melted butter to make them stick.
- Once assembled, brush each parcel lightly with melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the pastry is crispy and golden.