Chocolate Gingerbread Slice
This is a simple warming slice to take to the office and share with a cup of morning tea.
View the method
- 190g butter, chopped
- 1 cup soft brown sugar
- ½ cup golden syrup
- 1½ cups self raising flour
- ¼ cup CADBURY BOURNVILLE Cocoa
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons glace ginger, finely chopped
- 100g CADBURY White Baking Chocolate, broken into pieces
- 40g unsalted butter, chopped
- 125g PHILADELPHIA Spreadable Cream Cheese
- ¾ cup pure icing sugar, sifted
Back to ingredients
- Combine the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a saucepan and gently heat to melt and combine, then cool slightly. Sift together the flour, cocoa and spices. Whisk together the eggs and sour cream.
- Pour the butter and egg mixtures into a well in the centre of the dry ingredients then stir to combine. Stir through the glace ginger. Pour into a greased and paper lined 28cm x 18cm slice pan (ensure paper extends 5cm above the top of the pan).
- Bake in a moderate oven 170°C for 30-35 minutes or until cooked and golden. Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container until required.
- Combine white chocolate and unsalted butter in a bowl over gently simmering water, stirring until melted and combined. Remove from the heat and cool slightly. Beat together the PHILLY and icing sugar then beat in the chocolate mixture. Pipe or spread the icing onto the slice, cut and serve.