Sapasui - chop suey a Pacific favourite. A healthier version with heaps of flavour.
View the method
- 125 g vermicelli noodles
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 500 g lean beef, stir-fry cut
- 1 red pepper or carrot, finely chopped
- 1 head broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup green beans, sliced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coriander, chopped roughly
Back to ingredients
- Place the vermicelli in a large bowl and add hot water until just covered. Soak for 10-15 minutes or until the noodles have expanded
- Heat the oil in a large pot, add the onion and cook until softened
- Add garlic and ginger and cook briefly
- Add the beef and cook until it is just done
- Drain the vermicelli over a bowl, saving ½ cup of the soaking liquid
- Add the vermicelli and ½ cup of soaking liquid to the beef mix
- Add the vegetables and soy sauce, and simmer for a couple of minutes.
Be careful not to stir this dish too much, or the vermicelli will become mushy.