Christmas Fruit Mince Tarts
A necessity for the silly season - these fruit mince tarts are easy to make, and will be a hit!
View the method
- 1/2 x 400g tub fruit mince
- 1/2 apple, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 sheets ready rolled sweet short pastry, thawed
- icing sugar, to dust
Back to ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan bake), or 200°C (conventional). Mix together fruit mince, grated apple and slivered almonds.
- Using a round cutter, cut out pastry circles, approximately 6cm diameter and carefully press into mini muffin tins. Cut out small stars using a star cutter. Re-roll the pastry if necessary.
- Fill the pastry lined tins with the fruit mince. Place a pastry star on the top.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, until the pastry is golden. Allow tarts to cool a little before lifting them out onto a wire rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar before serving.
For more tasty recipes, visit foodinaminute.co.nz