Easy Fish Pie
An easy fuss-free family meal packed with vegetables for less than $4 per serve. Frozen vegetables are just as good for you as fresh – and they are easy to store, always on hand, and fast to prepare as no chopping or peeling is needed.
View the method
- 1 onion, chopped
- 800 grams potatoes, scrubbed and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 can tuna in water (425g can), drained
- 1 cup frozen peas or corn
- 1 cup frozen broccoli
- 1/2 bag loose-leaf frozen spinach (350g bag)
- 2 tins Italian-flavoured chopped tomatoes (400g tins)
- 1 cup grated cheese, choose a low-fat cheese such as Edam
Back to ingredients
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Bring a big pot of water to the boil. Add chopped potatoes and boil until soft. A few minutes from the end of cooking, add chopped onion to pot.
- Drain water from potatoes and onion. Mash potatoes with a little margarine, milk and ground black pepper.
- Mix together tuna, peas, broccoli, spinach and tinned tomatoes in an oven-proof dish.
- Top tuna and vegetables with mashed potatoes, then sprinkle over grated cheese.
- Bake in hot oven for around 20 to 25 minutes, or until bubbling and golden.