Healthy Christmas Cookies
Celebrate Christmas this year with our delicious cookies!
View the method
- 1 1/4 cup quick cook oats
- 1/3 cup high grade flour
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 150ml oil or 150ml melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 orange, zest
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sultanas, raisins, cranberries or a mixture
Back to ingredients
- Mix the oats, flour, coconut, baking soda, chocolate chips and dried fruit together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl beat the sugar, butter or oil, beaten egg, vanilla, spices and orange zest together.
- Add the sugar/egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Spoon the mixture onto lined baking trays, making sure you allow space in between for them to expand when they cook.
- Cook at 180 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden at edges and firm to touch. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from tray.
Idea for special occasions: Dip in melted dark and/or white chocolate when the biscuits are cool.