Treat the kids to these halloween treats which are both easy to make and delicious! Choose any meatball you like - beef, pork, chicken or a vegetarian alternative.
View the method
- 18 meatballs, cooked (or however many you like, divisible by 3)
- Flaky Pastry sheets
- Cheese, shaped into circles for eyes
- Olives, shaped into pupils for the eyes
- Tomato or marinara sauce
Back to ingredients
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Line your baking tray with baking paper
- Lay down your sheet of flaky pastry and cut into 1cm strips. Use a pizza cutter to make this easier.
- Holding 3 meatballs together, wrap your pastry strips around the meatballs to create the mummy effect. If you have trouble keeping them together, use a kebab stick or piece of uncooked spaghetti, then remove before cooking.
- Make sure you leave space for the eyes 2cm from the top of the "mummy".
- Place your meatball mummies onto the baking tray and bake for 13-17 minutes until the pastry is brown and meatballs are hot.
- Use small pieces of cheese and olives to create the mummies eyes. Stick with ketchup, mayonnaise or mustard. Or use ketchup to create eyes straight onto the mummy face.
- Serve with marinara or tomato sauce.