Milk Chocolate Chunk Cookies with Coffee Butter Cream
Decadent, indulgent, delicious... What more do you need in a cookie?
View the method
- 125g Pams Butter, softened
- 1 cup Pams Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Pams Vanilla Essence
- 1½ cups Pams Self-Raising Flour, sifted
- 2 tbs Pams Cocoa Powder
- 150g Pams Real Milk Chocolate Chunks (roughly chopped and extra for top of biscuits)
- 50g Pams Butter, softened (for butter cream)
- 1 ½ cups Pams Icing Sugar (for butter cream)
- 2 tbs hot water mixed with 2 tsp Pams Cafe Roast Instant Coffee (for butter cream)
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract with seeds (for butter cream)
Back to ingredients
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C and line two flat trays with baking paper.
- Using an electric beater, cream butter and brown sugar for 2 to 3 minutes until pale and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat in well.
- Fold in sifted flour, cocoa and chopped chocolate chunks. Roll the mixture into walnut-sized balls and flatten slightly onto the lined trays, leaving room for spreading.
- Place a couple of extra chocolate chunks on each cookie and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until their edges are lightly toasted. Cool cookies on the tray for 5 minutes to allow them to set. Allow to cool completely before sandwiching with coffee butter cream.
- For the butter cream, whip the butter with an electric beater until fluffy, then add 1 cup icing sugar, coffee, vanilla and beat well. Add icing sugar as needed until cream is fluffy and thick. Chill until required.