Peri Peri Roast Chicken
A delicious alternative to a Kiwi favourite - the roast chicken.
View the method
- 1.5 kg whole chicken
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, finely grated rind and 1 Tbsp juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- Sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 kg small chat potatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 250g truss baby Roma tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 200g green beans, trimmed, halved if preferred
- 1 cup semi dried tomato filled green olives
Back to ingredients
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Put chicken into a roasting pan.
- Combine oil, lemon rind, lemon juice, garlic, paprika and cumin in a bowl. Rub mixture over skin of chicken. Sprinkle chilli flakes, sea salt and pepper over chicken.
- Loosely cover with foil. Roast for 50-60 minutes or until chicken is cooked through when tested in the thickest part with a skewer. If juices run pink, cook for a little longer. Transfer chicken to a chopping board and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, put potatoes into a shallow baking tray. Add oil and toss until coated. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes. Roast for 40 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are golden and crisp and tomatoes are tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Put beans into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 1-2 minutes or until just tender. Drain.
- Add beans and olives to potatoes and tomatoes. Toss until well combined.
- Put chicken onto a large platter. Spoon potato salad around chicken and serve.