Roast chicken with sage and onion stuffing
Add delectable, aromatic flavours to a simple roast chicken recipe with an easy to make stuffing.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 pack of Greggs Sage and Onion Stuffing mix
- Salt & pepper
- Make the sage and onion stuffing according to packet directions.
- Place stuffing inside the chicken.
- Sprinkle mixed herbs on top of the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap the chicken in tin foil and place in a roasting dish that has a small amount of water in the bottom.
- Bake in the oven until the juices run clear when you poke a knife into the chicken meat. (approx 20 mins per 500g)
- Keep the juices that accumulate in the tinfoil to make gravy with.
Add some garlic cloves and a lemon inside the chicken for added flavours!
Why put stuffing in a chicken?
Stuffing adds a delicious layer of flavour to chicken by steaming it from the inside and soaking up the juices that may have been otherwise lost.
Do you cook stuffing before putting it in the chicken?
Nope, no need! This will all cook together while in the oven.