The base of many family favourites such as wraps, nachos and burritos.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- Heat oil in large frying pan
- Cook mince over medium heat until browned then remove from pan
- Turn down the heat and add the onion, carrot, celery and pepper
- Continue to cook slowly until soft
- Add garlic, stock, vinegar and browned beef mince
- Stir and cook for 5 minutes
- Serve or use as a base for other dishes.
Add salad to make a savoury mince wrap.
Add chili beans to make nachos and burritos.
Make a big batch over the weekend. Freeze half and use the rest for wraps, baked potatoes, on toast or with pasta. Bulk it out by adding kidney beans or black beans.