Spanish-style frittata for one
Frittata is a deliciously filling Spanish omelette made with chorizo, peas and potatoes to create a complete meal in one dish. It can be enjoyed hot or cold so any leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for the next day. This is a great dish to make if you have leftover potatoes.
This recipe is part of our budget meal plan for one.
- 1/2 Onion roughly chopped
- 1/2 Red Capsicum chopped
- 100g Chorizo, remove skin and roughly chop
- 3 Eggs
- 30ml Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon of crushed garlic
- 100g Waxy potatoes, boiled & roughly chopped
- 50g Frozen peas - thawed
- 1/2 Teaspoon of dried parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable Oil
- Mesclun salad
- Eta balsamic dressing
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/Gas 6.
- Gently heat an ovenproof frying pan then add a tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Add the onion and red pepper and fry for 3 minutes
- Increase the temperature and add the chorizo to the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes until it becomes slightly crispy and releases its red coloured oil into the pan.
- Add the garlic and potatoes and fry for another 2 minutes, then add the peas and cook for another 2 minutes, until hot.
- Crack the eggs into a large jug and whisk together with the milk. Add the dried parsley and a generous pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Pour the egg mix into the frying pan covering all of the ingredients. Then reduce the temperature to medium. Fry without stirring, for 3 minutes or until cooked and golden-brown underneath.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 10–12 minutes until the centre is firm to the touch.
- Slide the frittata out of the pan onto a clean board and use a knife to divide into quarters. Serve with mesclun salad leaves tossed in balsamic dressing.
If you need more carbs, slice and butter the remaining baguette from Mondays dinner.
This is a great dish to make with leftover potatoes
You can substitute the fresh red pepper with a roasted red pepper and add this a little later with the potatoes. We recommend Golden Sun roasted red peppers in oil. The jar includes at least 6 whole peppers so less than a dollar a pepper