Spinach and Chestnut Dip
Here’s a Rolls Royce of dips to share with friends over the next big game. Bound to bring a smile to the dial, even if the scoreline doesn’t.
View the method
- 500g blanched spinach
- 200ml sour cream
- 200ml mayonnaise
- 2 small tins of water chestnuts
- 2 spring onions
- salt and pepper to taste
Back to ingredients
- Drain and chop the chestnuts and slice the spring onions finely.
- Press the spinach to remove as much water as possible, then chop finely.
- Mix all the above in a bowl with the sour cream and mayonnaise, and season to taste.
- Serve with a good selection of warmed breads.
Recipe by: Gavin Ball, Head Chef. Monteith's Brewery Bar, Rangiora.