Super Simple Nachos
What could be easier than nachos? All you have to do is turn on the oven and open a few cans then mix, assemble and bake! The family will enjoy this easy, tasty meal.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes (410g can)
- 2 cans mild chilli beans (420 gram can)
- 1 can whole corn kernels, drained
- 1 large packet nacho chips
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Heat a non-stick fry pan that has been sprayed with a little oil. When pan is hot, cook onion and garlic for about 5 minutes or until onion softens.
- Stir in beans, corn and canned tomatoes (including tomato juice).
- Bring mixture to the boil then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until mixture has thickened. Stir occasionally so mixture doesn't stick to bottom of pan.
- Place corn chips onto large oven-proof dish. Pour bean mixture over chips. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 10 minutes or until cheese is golden and melted.
- Scoop nacho chips and beans onto plates for serving. Top with a dollop of sour cream.
- Serve with coleslaw or green salad.
For a change use the same bean and tomato mixture to make burritos - spread mixture onto wraps, roll up, and enjoy.