Tempura Prawns with Dipping Sauce
A fantastic addition to any dinner party, BBQ or social gathering!
View the method
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup ice cold water
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cups sweet chilli sauce (sauce)
- ¼ cups fresh lemon juice (sauce)
- 1 spring onion, trimmed and chopped (sauce)
- 300g Pams prawns
Back to ingredients
- Thaw and drain prawns with their tails on.
- Preheat and set deep fryer to 180 degrees. Mix baking soda, flour and salt together in a bowl.
- Combine the ice cold water and egg and pour into the dry ingredients. Mix with a fork to remove all lumps. Pat dry the prawns with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture and dip into the batter, holding the prawn by the tail.
- Place in the hot oil and cook for 2-3 minutes till golden brown. Place on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- To make the sauce, combine the spring onion with the sweet chilli sauce and lemon juice.