Tuna and pasta salad
This is a quick and easy pasta salad recipe.
View the method
- 230g pasta shapes (spirals or bows work well)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (200g) tin tuna
- 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
- 150ml mayonnaise
- 1/2 red capsicum, finely diced
- 5cm piece cucumber
- 90g corn kernels, cooked and cooled
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Optional: small tin of sliced olives, cherry tomatoes
Back to ingredients
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 10-12 minutes. Drain well in a colander. Place the pasta in a large mixing bowl and toss well with the olive oil.
- Drain the tuna and use a fork to roughly break it into flakes. Put the tuna into a blender or food processor. Add the lemon juice to taste, white wine vinegar and mayonnaise then blend together until smooth and creamy. Add to the pasta and stir together until all the ingredients are evenly mixed.
- De-seed the capsicum and then finely dice. Finely dice the cucumber without removing the skin.
- Add the capsicum, cucumber, corn kernels, cherry tomatoes and olives (if using) to the pasta and toss together. Spoon into a serving dish.