Turkey Loaf with Cranberry Sauce
Minced turkey makes for a slightly flasher meatloaf, for a special occasion. Combined with fresh courgettes this has a subtle, delicious flavour. Served topped with festive cranberries and prepared with a little fuss and flair this very simple meatloaf can easily take the place of a labour intensive turkey dinner.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium red onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 500g Turkey Mince, preferably breast meat*
- 1 cup grated courgette
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- leaves of 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup cranberry sauce or jelly
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and gently cook onion and garlic over a moderate heat until softened. Cool and then combine with all other ingredients, mixing well with clean hands.
- Turn mixture into a lightly oiled meatloaf tin and firmly press down to fill the dish. Cover with tinfoil and bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until the loaf is firm to the touch.
- Remove tinfoil and top with cranberry sauce. Let it stand in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. You can use a sharp cookie cutter to make round stacks for celebration dining. Retain some of the cranberry sauce to pour over the moist, delicious and oh so easy turkey.
*Feel free to substitute with Chicken Mince