If you’re after a meat-free meal or trying to have more plant-based food in your diet, I found a delicious recipe for vegan burger patties that are easy to make and seriously YUM (yes, even for die-hard meat lovers!).
View the method
- 1 x 400g tin of chickpeas
- 1 ½ cups of frozen corn (defrosted)
- ½ bunch of fresh coriander
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 lemon (optional)
- 3 heaped tablespoons plain flour (extra for dusting)
- 1-2 tablespoons of oil for cooking
- Optional - a handful of fresh coriander or parsley
Back to ingredients
- Drain chickpeas and add to a food processor with sweetcorn and, if you are using it, fresh coriander or parsley. Add spices, flour, and grade in lemon zest. Pulse until combined but not entirely smooth.
- Dust surface with flour and shape mixture into patties of desired size (around 2cm thick). Leave in the fridge for around 30 minutes for the patties to firm up.
- Heat oil in a frypan over medium heat. Cook the patties for around 10 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- Create your burger, or your salad plate, with your favourite burger ingredients, and enjoy!