Venison Medallions and Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
Delicious venison with creamy mashed potatoes.
View the method
- 600g floury potatoes
- 20g butter
- 50ml skim milk
- Salt and pepper
- 10g parmesan cheese
- 1 pack 400g venison medallions at room temperature - see tip
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 small red onion
- Dash olive oil
Back to ingredients
- For the mashed potatoes, peel the potatoes and boil in salted water for 20-25 minutes until soft. In a saucepan gently warm the butter and milk (do not boil!) add salt, pepper. Finely grate the parmesan. Set aside.
- Take the medallions from the packet and pat dry. Apply salt, pepper and thyme.
- Halve onions and cut into thin strips. Heat olive oil in a pan, fry the medallions in hot oil 3 minutes each side. Remove to rest. Add a little oil to the pan and sauté the onion.
- Drain potatoes, mash with the butter-milk mixture.
- Serve with venison steak, onions and grated Parmesan.
For best cooking results remove venison from the fridge 30 mins before cooking to allow them to warm up to room temperature.