Vietnamese Chicken Skewers
Try these tasty Inghams chicken skewers when entertaining - they'll be a hit!
View the method
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, white part only, finely chopped
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp turmeric
- Salt & white pepper, to season
- 650g Inghams chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3cm cubes
- 24 kaffir lime leaves
- 250g snow peas, trimmed
- 500g fresh rice noodles
- ¼ cup salted roasted peanuts, finely chopped – optional
Back to ingredients
- Combine fish sauce, onion, lemongrass, lemon juice, oil, turmeric, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add chicken and toss until combined. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour if time permits.
- Thread chicken, lime leaf, chicken, lime leaf and chicken onto each skewer. Transfer to a large plate.
- Heat a char-grill over a medium heat. Cook skewers for 3 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a serving platter. Cover to keep warm.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add snow peas and cook for 1 minute or until tender. Drain.
- Put rice noodles into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 1 minute. Drain.
Serve skewers with rice noodle and snow peas. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.