Impress the fam with this café style breakfast. And, it’s a great way of using up stale bread! The goodness of eggs and wholegrain bread will fuel your family for sport and weekend activities.
- Mix eggs, milk and cinnamon in a bowl. Mix well.
- Cut bread slices into triangles.
- Dip bread, one piece at a time, into egg mixture. Coat both sides well.
- Heat a little margarine or oil in a non-stick frypan over a medium heat.
- Put bread in pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden. You should be able to cook 2 or 3 pieces at a time depending on the size of your pan.
- Repeat with remaining slices of bread (add a little more of the margarine/oil if needed between batches).
- Serve French toast warm with fresh or tinned fruit and a spoon of yoghurt, or with sliced banana and runny honey. For a special treat, serve with sliced banana, lean bacon and a little maple syrup.
For more tasty, easy breakfast ideas go to https://myfamily.kiwi/foods
- Meal Type:
- Prep Time:
- 5 mins
- Cooking Time:
- 15 mins
4 tablespoons milk
1 pinch cinnamon
8 slices wholegrain bread