This cheesecake is the perfect dessert when feeding the family at Christmas!
View the method
- 100g butter, melted
- 250g chocolate biscuits
- ½ cup berry yoghurt
- 250g cream cheese
- 425g can of boysenberries in syrup
- 6 tsp gelatine
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
Back to ingredients
- Place the biscuits in a food processor and blitz until they are like bread crumbs (alternatively, place in a snap lock bag and hit with a rolling pin). Combine with the melted butter and press into a greased or lined baking dish.
- Beat the cream cheese and yoghurt until smooth.
- Dissolve 4 tsp of gelatine and the sugar in hot water.
- Combine the cream cheese mixture with the gelatine mixture and add lemon juice.
- Add the boysenberries (drain these from the can and keep the syrup aside for the topping).
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the top of the biscuit base and refrigerate.
- Sprinkle 2 tsp of gelatine over the boysenberry syrup (reserved from can), microwave on high for 2 minutes until dissolved, stir well to combine.
- Pour the syrup mixture over the cheesecake and refrigerate until set – at least 2 hours but preferably overnight.