Slow Cooked Beef Stroganoff
Beef stroganoff is jam-packed with rich, creamy mushroom flavour. This simple stew is super affordable and will satisfy any crowd’s hunger. Be sure to mix in your parsley and sour cream just before serving to add both freshness and richness.
- 400g beef, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 cup boiling water
- 8 mushrooms, diced
To add in before serving:
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 400g pasta
- 1 broccoli
- Add 1 cup for boiling water to the beef stock cube and mix. Wait till this has cooled down then put into a zip lock bag.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the zip lock bag then freeze.
- Remove from the freezer the night before so it defrosts overnight.
- Place ingredients in a slow cooker and cook for 4-5 hours on low.
- If there is quite a bit of liquid, thicken with 2 Tbsp flour mixed with a small amount of water and stir through, cook on high for 10-15 mins to thicken up. Add more flour/water mix if needed.
- Mix in sour cream and parsley.
- Serve your beef stroganoff with pasta and steamed broccoli.