Slow Cooked Chicken Casserole
Give yourself a weeknight dinner to look forward to by adding this creamy, flavour-packed chicken casserole to your meal plan. The whole thing can be prepared in advance and frozen, so all you need to do is pop it in the slow cooker around lunch time to be ready in time for dinner.
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 200g bacon, diced
- 6 mushrooms, diced
- 1 kumara, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1 can Creamy Chicken Soup
- 1 packet Mushroom Soup Mix
Ingredients for side dishes
- 4 potatoes
1. In a snaplock bag, add all ingredients and freeze.
2. Remove from the freezer the night before so it defrosts overnight.
3. Place ingredients in a slow cooker and cook for 5-6 hours on low; until the chicken is falling off the drumsticks.
4. If there is quite a bit of liquid, thicken with 2 Tbsp flour mixed with a small amount of water and stir through, cook on high for 10-15 mins to thicken up. Add more flour/water mix if needed.
5. Season your chicken casserole and serve with mashed potatoes