WONDERFUL Double Choc Berry Trifle
This delicious trifle is a great twist on a classic - who doesn't love berries and chocolate?
View the method
- 225 g store bought round sponge or fruit cake, split in half
- 170 g raspberry jelly crystals, made to packet directions
- 500 mL store bought thick vanilla custard, room temperature
- 290 g Nestlé Baker's Choice Milk Melts, melted
- 290 g Nestlé Bakers' Choice Dark Melts, melted
- 395 g Nestlé Highlander Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 215 mL thickened cream
- 125 g raspberries
- 250 g strawberries, chopped
- 125 g blueberries
Back to ingredients
- Divide custard into two medium bowls, add melted Nestlé Bakers' Choice Dark Melts into one bowl, whisk well; add melted Nestlé Bakers' Choice Milk Melts into other custard bowl, whisk well and set aside. Using an electric mixer, whip Nestlé Highlander Sweetened Condensed Milk and thickened cream into soft peaks.
- Arrange half of sponge cake over the base of a 3 litre (12 cup) capacity serving dish. Spoon ¾ of the prepared dark chocolate custard over the sponge base; top with ½ of the set jelly, ½ whipped cream mixture and ⅓ of the berries. Repeat, using sponge cake, all the milk chocolate custard, jelly, whipped cream mixture and ⅓ of berries.
- Finish off with remaining dark chocolate custard and decorate with remaining berries. Dust with icing sugar if desired.