30 Minute Roast Pork
A delicious and quick roast pork recipe supplied by NZ Pork.
View the method
- 500g piece of NZ pork scotch fillet/rib eye or 2 100% NZ pork fillets
- Olive oil
- 1 apple
- Sage leaves or rosemary, chopped
- 4 strips of bacon
- Root vegetables
Back to ingredients
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Chop all the vegetables into cubes, toss with oil and herbs, and spread on baking tray and place in oven.
- Slice the scotch fillet/rib eye longitudinally into four and then cut a slit along each piece. (For fillets, cut in half and then cut a slit along each piece) Insert sliced apple and chopped herbs.
- Wrap loosely with bacon and place on rack above vegetables.
- Cook until juices run clear when meat is pierced or meat thermometer reaches 71°C. Allow meat to rest 10 minutes before carving.
- Slice the fillet diagonally and serve with the roasted mixed root vegetables or serve one whole piece per person.
- For greens, serve char-grilled asparagus (in season), courgettes or a salad.
Photo copyright NZ Pork