Bacon and Baked Bean Muffins
Great savoury muffin recipe for the whole family to enjoy!
View the method
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3-4 rashers bacon, diced
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2-3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cups grated tasty cheese
- 420g can Wattie's Baked BeaNZ
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 100g butter, melted
Back to ingredients
- Cook the onion and bacon in a dash of oil in a frying pan until softened and cooked. Cool.
Note: You can cook the onion and bacon in the microwave without the oil if wished. Place on a plate and cover. Cook on high power for 2 minutes. Cool.
- Sift the self-rising flour, mustard, salt and pepper into a large bowl. Stir in the parsley and 1 cup of the grated cheese. Make a well or hole in the centre.
- Mix the onion mixture, Wattie’s Baked BeaNZ, eggs and milk together and pour into the dry ingredients. Stir gently to mix, adding the melted butter as you stir. Do not over-mix as the muffins will peak.
- Divide the mixture evenly among 12 well-greased muffin tins and sprinkle the tops with a little of the remaining grated cheese.
- Bake at 220°C for 15 minutes until well risen and golden. Cool in the tins for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a cake rake. Serve warm.
For more tasty recipes, visit foodinaminute.co.nz