This ginger crunch is delicious served for morning or afternoon tea and is also a favourite lunchbox filler.
View the method
- 175g butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Gregg's Ground Ginger
- 2 cups flour
- 50g butter (glaze)
- 2 Tbsp golden syrup (glaze)
- 1 1/2 tsp Gregg's Ground Ginger (glaze)
- 1/2 cup icing sugar (glaze)
Back to ingredients
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in Gregg's Ground Ginger. Stir in flour and knead in the bowl until smooth.
- Press into greased 20cm x 30cm baking tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and leave to cool in the baking tin for 15 minutes.
To make the glaze:
- Heat butter and golden syrup until melted. Cool slightly then stir in Gregg's Ground Ginger and icing sugar.
- Turn out base and top with glaze.
- Cut into squares while warm.