Perfect for a shared morning tea, these classic scones are simple and quick to make. Serve warm straight from the oven with a dollop of jam and cream.
View the method
- 3 cups Self Rising Flour (+ some extra for kneading and rolling)
- 50g Butter
- Pinch of Salt
- Tbsp Sugar
- 1 cup Milk or water (may need a splash more)
Back to ingredients
- Pre-heat over 180°.
- Rub flour with butter into a bread crumb consistency.
- Add all other dry ingredients.
- Add milk/water and knead until combined and the dough is soft and not sticky. (add flour or liquid as needed)
- Roll out to 1.5 inch thickness and either cut into ‘rustic’ scone shapes or use a cookie cutter.
- Place on baking paper lined tray and brush top with milk.
- Bake for 15-20 mins or until slightly brown on top
Serve hot with jam and freshly whipped cream.