Basil & Garlic Ricotta Stuffed Chicken Breast
Turn your next chicken meal into something sensational with this tasty Italian inspired recipe. Serve these mouth watering basil and garlic chicken breasts stuffed with ricotta alongside garlic beans and baby potatoes.
View the method
- 3 Tbsp Gregg's Basil & Garlic Paste
- 200g ricotta cheese
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 6 rashers streaky bacon
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 350g green beans
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp Gregg's Garlic Granules
- Gregg's Natural Sea Salt, freshly ground
- Gregg's Coloured Peppercorns, freshly ground
Back to ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix the Gregg's Garlic and Basil Paste with the ricotta and capsicum and return to the fridge to keep firm.
- Remove the excess fat and tenderloin from the chicken breasts. Slice each chicken breast horizontally (without cutting through entirely) and open out.
- Place the ricotta mix onto one side of each chicken breast and fold over to enclose the filling, then carefully wrap the bacon rasher around and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat the oil in frying pan and brown both sides of the chicken over medium heat. Place in a single layer in an ovenproof dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Just before the chicken is cooked, cook the green beans and toss with the butter, Gregg's Garlic Granules, salt and pepper.
- Serve the chicken with the green beans and boiled baby potatoes.