Busy Happy Kids Meatball Subs
We teamed up with Kathrine from Busy Happy Kids to see how many kids’ lunchboxes she could make by taking advantage of New Zealand’s lowest prices at PAK’nSAVE. Kathrine spent $97.45 and made 50 lunches, that’s just $1.95 per lunch!
- 500g beef mince
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Maggi mushroom or onion soup mix
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp tomato sauce
- 1 tsp sweet chilli sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp soy sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 400g can diced tomatoes
1. In a large bowl, combine the mince, onion, soup mix, egg, tomato sauce, sweet chilli sauce, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and mixed herbs.
2. Measure out tablespoon amounts of the mince mixture and roll into balls. Leave to set in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
3. Heat oil in a large frying pan and brown the meatballs. Once cooked though, add the tin of diced tomatoes and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
4. Serve meatball either hot or cold on long rolls, topped with your favourite salad ingredients.
*Prices may vary depending on store and date.